Monday, July 23, 2012

Yes, more food!!! Potato Fest and Brunch...not the same day thank goodness

Ok, I'm so wishing I didn't get rid of my fat clothes during the move. Jim and I (per my insistence) decided to grab a beer and try almost every potato dish on the menu at a local beer garden. Man we were in heaven! Beer and potatoes....and cheese...YUM!

Then last Sunday we had our second brunch out. If I haven't already mentioned, the entire town (and country I think) shuts down and only restaurants and gas stations are open. Seriously, no store of any kind is open on Sunday. So off to brunch we went. The place was expensive (about $8 Euros) and if you want tap water it will cost you 50 cents (WTF?) but they had me at pancakes & bacon!
Yes, my pants are barely fitting! Thank god we walk almost everywhere. Of course it takes me less than one minute to walk to class so that doesn't help...but I do have to walk to the food :)

2 comments:

  1. Rena these food pictures are making me jealous! Sounds like you're having a blast. We miss you here! Can't wait to hear all about the trip.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you are killing me with all these yummy food stories and pics. Seriously, is there any way you can bring me some? If yes, I'll take a pretzel filled with bacon and cheese, any of those pastries, all of those yummy potato dishes above, and go ahead and throw in another pretzel filled other bacon and cheese!
    So glad to see you're having a good time. Looking forward to hearing more...

    ReplyDelete