Wednesday, July 11, 2012

This ain't Chico



I never thought I would miss summer weather in Chico but damn it's not very warm here and I could sure use another sweatshirt!  Of course I think it's 104 in Chico so I guess I can't complain too much. It rains every day but not for very long. You can see it coming and I swear the clouds move faster here than at home.
Today I checked out the farmers market (see pic) which is in the main square of town and is amazing! The outside is lined with trucks sort of like taco vans only with display cases all along the sides. They have everything from meats (lunch meats and fresh steak), cheeses, pastas, hot dogs, salads (like egg & potato not lettuce), olives, mushrooms & stuffed peppers. Around 12 of these I think were there. Then  all in the middle was the fresh produce: fruit, veggies, nuts, etc. It was amazing. The market is every Wed & Sat.
Then went to the salt museum (since it's what Luneburg is known for). This town was created in 956...yes that was not a typo. I guess there was a huge party in 1956 for the 1000yr anniversary.  It was a very rich place when they were producing salt but that ended in the early 1980's.
Had a beer at one of the brewery's then off to a restaurant called Hemingway's for dinner since they had a burger special. More beer there and then to our Irish pub haunt for a nightcap.
Still having fun but missing you all.
Prost! (cheers)

1 comment:

  1. Yum! That sounds like my kind of farmers market! And of course the salads are without lettuce! :)

    ReplyDelete